Sunday, February 1, 2009

Making friends at the Louvre


So, I know it's been quite a while since I updated this thing and I promise that I will put pictures up soon. For those of you who don't know, I've been back in Paris for about 10 days now with really nothing to do. No schedule to keep or anything because classes don't start up again until the 9th of February. I've been going out for walks and catching up on my sleep and getting to know my roommate. That's how I've been spending most of my time.
My new roommate is named Sarah (see picture) and she's from New Orleans and she's pretty awesome. She's an English major at Tulane University, so we have a lot to talk about. We get along really well. We've been bonding while watching the Office in the evenings and just girl chat and all of that. She's been very awesome at introducing me to the friends that she's been making at orientation and in class and all of that.
Today was particularly awesome because it was the first Sunday of the month. Every first Sunday of the month, museums around Paris offer free admission to everyone. So we went to the Louvre. We met up with 4 other girls that Sarah met through IES and it was a blast. We all ended up getting separated. I spent the day wandering the Louvre with one of the girls, named Marin, who is a politics major and music minor from San Diego. She was really awesome and I had a fun time getting to know her. Plus we kept getting lost which is really all part of the Louvre experience.
This week is my last week of unscheduled freedom. Yay! We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh hurray!!! I'm glad you're making lots of new friends!